6.23.2012

Great Works Through Fellow Christians




Elaine states:  "For a long time after David's death, I had a physical pain, like a knife turning in my rib cage.  I thought it was indigestion.  One day it became so bad that I thought I would have to see a doctor. A discerning spiritual sister and friend suggested that my grief might be a factor and encouraged me to ask Jehovah for help and comfort.  I took her advice right then and there and offered a silent but heartfelt prayer, asking that Jehovah sustain me in my grief. And he did!"  Elaine began to feel better, and soon thereafter even her physical pain went away.

Congregation elders can especially offer friendship in a kindly way to grieving widows.  By providing regular spiritual support and comfort in a tactful and discerning way, elders can help them to stay close to Jehovah despite their trials.  Where necessary, elders can also help in arranging for material support.  Such compassionate, discerning elders truly become "a hiding place from the wind." -Isaiah 32:2; acts 6:1-3.

Next time: Permanent Comfort From Earth's New King

The Watchtower, 2001

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.