6.17.2012

STEP FAMILY SUCCESS PROFILES



"UNITY IS MORE IMPORTANT"

  Anton and Marelize each brought three children into their step family when they married six years ago.

Anton:  We do things like camping trips as a family, and we spend time with each child individually.  It took us a few years to really settle in, but most of our family issues are sorted out now.

Marelize:  We feel that it is important to view the children as "ours," not yours and mine." I remember once making a fuss when I felt that Anton unfairly disciplined one of my boys and gave his daughter the preferred seat in the car.  I learned that family unity is more important than sitting in the front seat.  We try to be fair even though we cannot treat everyone exactly the same.

I also avoid talking about exciting times from our previous family, since those who weren't there will feel like outsiders.   Instead, I express gratitude for the family we have now.

Next time: "COMMENDATION FIRST"

The Watchtower, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.