7.21.2012

The Role of the Congregation




Some young people have learned the truth of God's Word on their own, without the help of their parents.  It is certainly a challenge under such circumstances to learn to do what is right and to persist in it. 

Noe' recalls how much the truth benefited him.  From a very young age, he was prone to anger and violence.  When he began to study the Bible at the age of 14, his temperament began to improve, for which his parents, who were not interested in the Bible at that time, felt very grateful. As Noe' progressed spiritually, he wanted to use his life more fully in God's service.  He is now in the full-time ministry.

Similarly, Alejandro began to take an interest in Christian truth when he was very young, even though his parents were not interested in it. Expressing his appreciation for the truth he says:  "I was raised in a traditional Catholic home.  But my leanings toward Communistic atheism grew, since the church did not answer the questions that had disturbed me from a very young age.  Jehovah's organization helped me to obtain the knowledge of God.  It literally saved my life because if I had not studied the Bible, I would probably have become involved with immorality, alcoholism, or drugs.  I might even have become part of some revolutionary group, with grievous consequences."

How can a youth persist in his search for truth and cling to it without the support of his parents?  Obviously, the elders and others in the congregation play a very important role.  Noe'  recalls:  "I have never felt alone as Jehovah has always been very close to me. Also, I have had the support of many loving brothers and sisters who I have become my spiritual fathers, mothers and brothers."  He now serves at Bethel and uses his time in God's service.  Likewise, Alejandro relates:  "Something that I will always be grateful for is that I had the blessing of being in a congregation with a body of elders who showed loving interest in me as a person.  I am especially grateful because when I began to study the Bible, at the age of 16, the restlessness common to youth also affected me.  The families in the congregation never abandoned me.  There was always someone to receive me hospitably and share with me not only his home and food but also his heart."  Alejandro has now been in the full-times service for over 13 years.

Some people think that religion is only for older folks.  However, many young people have learned Bible truth at an early age and have come to love Jehovah and remain faithful to him.  To these youths can be applied David's words recorded at Psalm 110:3:  "Your people will offer themselves willingly on the day of your military force. In the splendors of holiness, from the womb of the dawn, you have your company of young men just like dewdrops."

It is a challenge for young people to learn the truth and stick to it.  What a joy to see that many are staying very close to Jehovah's organization, attending the meetings regularly, and studying the Bible diligently.  Doing so, they have been able to cultivate a genuine love for God's Word and his service! -Psalm 119:15, 16.

Next time: JEHOVAH BLESSES AND PROTECTS THOSE WHO ARE OBEDIENT

The Watchtower, 2002

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.