4.06.2015

THE BIBLE CHANGES LIVES-HOW THE BIBLE CHANGED MY LIFE

In 1970, I returned to Hungary, where I met my future wife, Rose. At the time, Hungary was under communist rule.  Shortly  after we were married, Rose and I escaped to Austria. Our goal was to emigrate eventually to Sydney, Australia, where my uncle lived. 

I soon found work in Austria. One day, a workmate told me that I could find answers to all my questions in the Bible. He gave me a couple of books that discussed the Bible.  I devoured those books and wanted to learn more. So I wrote to Jehovah's Witnesses, the publishers of the books, and requested more literature.

On the day of our first wedding anniversary, Rose and I were visited by an Austrian Witness. He brought the literature that I had requested and offered me a Bible study, which I accepted. Since I was eager to learn, we studied twice a week-each study session lasting for about four hours!

I was thrilled by what the Witnesses taught me from the Bible. When they showed me God's name, Jehovah, in my Hungarian Bible, I could hardly believe it. In my 27 years of attending church, I had never heard God's name mentioned even once. I was impressed by the Bible's clear, logical answers to my questions. For example, I learned that the dead are unconscious, as if in a deep sleep. (Ecclesiastes  9:5, 10; John 11:11-15) I also learned from the Bible's promise of a new world where "death will be no more." (Revelation 21:3, 4) I hope to see my father again, for in that new world,  "there is going to be a resurrection." -Acts 24:15.

Rose joined me wholeheartedly in studying the Bible. We made rapid progress, finishing the study publication  in just two months! We attended every meeting that the Witnesses held at the Kingdom Hall. We were deeply impressed by the love, helpfulness, and unity among Jehovah's Witnesses. - John 13:34, 35.

In 1976, Rose and I were granted entry into Australia. We immediately located Jehovah's Witnesses there. The local Witnesses made us feel at home right away. In 1978, we became Witnesses ourselves. 

Next time: THE BIBLE CHANGES LIVES-HOW I HAVE BENEFITED 

From the Watchtower magazine, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.