4.05.2015

Why Examine the Bible?

Conclusion of   THE BIBLE-AN OLD BUT MODERN BOOK

Brian: This article outlines four steps to solving problems. Notice this paragraph. Would you like to read it, Eric? 

Eric: Sure. It says:  "If communication is the likelihood of a marriage, then love and respect are the heart and lungs of the relationship." Hmm, I like the way they explain that. 

Brian: Thank you for reading. There's a Bible verse cited here. You can open it by tapping on it.

Eric: Yes, I see it.Ephesians 5:33.  It says: "Each one of you must love his wife as he does himself; on the other hand, the wife should have deep respect for her husband." 

Brian: Did you notice that the emphasis is on giving what each one expects to receive?

Eric: I'm not sure what you mean.


Brian Well, isn't it true that the man wants to feel that he is respected by his wife and that in turn, the wife wants to be assured that her husband really loves her?

Eric: Yes. I'll agree with that.


Brian: If the husband often looks for way to show his wife, wouldn't  it be easier to show his love for the wife to manifest respect for him?


Eric: That sounds as if it would work.

Brian: So this one verse in the Bible, though written almost 2,000 years ago, addresses the needs of both parties in a marriage and provides  helpful advice that, if applied, really works. And to repeat the illustrations we read earlier, the "heart and lungs" of the marriage will remain healthy. 

Eric: I must admit, there is more to the Bible than I thought>

Brian: I am happy to hear that, Eric. I would like to meet you here again and get your opinion on the subheading "Four Steps to Solving Problems" that appears in this same article on our Web site." 


Eric: Sure. My wife and I will take a look at it together.

Next time: I Was Impressed by the Bible's Clear Logical Answers

From the Watchtower magazine, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.