4.06.2015

THE BIBLE CHANGES LIVES- I was impressed by the Bible's logical clear answers


AS TOLD BY ERNEST LOEDI
YEAR BORN: 1948
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: HUNGARY
HISTORY: YEARNED FOR ANSWERS TO LIFE'S BIG QUESTIONS

MY PAST:  I was born in Szekesfehervar, Hungary, a city with a rich history stretching back over 1,000 years.  Sadly, I can still remember the ugly marks that were left there by the ravages of the second world war.

In my early childhood, I was raised by my grandparents. I remember them fondly-especially my grandmother Elizabeth. She instilled in me a strong faith in God. From the age of three, I repeated with her every evening what is sometimes called the Lord's Prayer. Even so, It would be until my late 20's  that I would come to understand the meaning of that prayer.

My grandparents took care of me in my early years because my parent were working day and night, hoping to save enough money to buy a decent home. Every second Saturday, though, the entire family gathered for a meal. I cherished those times we had together.

In 1958, my parent's dream came true; they were able to purchase  a house for the three of us to live in. Finally, I was to live with my parents-I was elated! Six months later, however, that happiness came to a sudden end. My father died of cancer.

I was devastated, I remember praying: "God, I begged you to save my dad. I need him. Why didn't you answer my prayers?" I desperately wanted to know where my father was. I wondered:  'Has he gone to heaven? Or has he ceased to exist forever? I envied other children who still had a father.


For many years, I went to the cemetery nearly every day. I would kneel at my father's grave and pray:  'Please, God, I want to know where my dad is.  "I also prayed for help to understand the meaning of life. 

At the age of 13, I decided to learn German. I thought that among the vast and rich German literature, perhaps I could find answers to my questions.  In 1967, I began studying the city of Jena, then part of East Germany.  I eagerly read books by German philosophers, especially those dealing with the meaning of human existence. Although I found some interesting ideas, none of them fully satisfied me. I continued praying for answers. 

Next time: THE BIBLE CHANGES LIVES-HOW THE BIBLE CHANGED MY LIFE

From the Watchtower magazine, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.