10.21.2015

"HE LEADS ME IN THE TRACKS OF RIGHTEOUSNESS" -AS TOLD BY OLGA CAMPBELL


Marriage and a Shared Ministry

In 1956, I met Merton Campbell, a Witness who had spent 27 months in prison during World War II for maintaining Christian neutrality. He had been serving at the headquarters of Jehovah's Witnesses in Brooklyn for nearly ten years. Merton had many fine spiritual qualities, and I saw that he would be a good husband. We corresponded for some months, and our mutual respect and affection deepened into love.

Merton and I were married on September 24, 1960. What a blessing to have shared the past 47 years with a wonderful spiritual man!  Merton has worked for 58 years in the Service Department, which provides assistance and direction to congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses throughout the United States.  For over 30 years, my work in Brooklyn was to decorate guest rooms and later large Assembly Halls in the New York City area.  Then, in 1995, Merton and I were transferred to the Watchtower Educational Center in Patterson, about 70 miles north of New York City.

When I left home at age 12, I never imagined  that one day I would be surrounded by a large spiritual family, including my own siblings. I long for the time in God's new world when we can crowd around Mother and relate what happened while she slept-especially how Jehovah God lovingly cared for the spiritual needs of her children.  How we rejoice that Jehovah has led us in "the tracks of righteousness"! -Psalm 23:3. 

Next time: HUMAN LIFE A PRECIOUS GIFT - YOU ARE "WONDERFULLY MADE"!

From the Awake! magazine 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.