10.16.2015

You Can Be Happy Despite Disappointment


Prepare Now for Disappointment

Without a doubt, all of us will face some sort of disappointment in the future. What can be do to be prepared?  Interesting are the  comments of Bruno, an older Christian man who suffered a disappointment that changed his way of life. He said:  "In my case, the most important factor in coping with the disappointment was that I continued to do what I had been doing before to strengthen my spirituality. I had learned why God permits this cruel system of things to continue. I had spent years of developing a close relationship  with Jehovah. I was so thankful that I had done that.  The consolation of knowing that he was with me helped me to endure the depression I experienced." 

As we contemplate the future,we can be sure of one thing:  Although we may disappoint ourselves or others may disappoint us, God will never disappoint us. In fact, God stated that his name, Jehovah, means "I shall prove to be what I shall prove to be." (Exodus 3:14) That gives us confidence that he will become whatever is necessary in order to fulfill his promises.  He has promised  that by means of his Kingdom, his will shall take place "as in heaven, also upon the earth."  That is why the apostle Paul wrote:  "I am convinced that neither death nor life nor angels nor governments . . .nor any other creation will be able to separate us from God's love that is in Christ Jesus." -Matthew 6:10; Romans 8:38, 39. 


  We can confidently look forward to the fulfillment of God's promise made through the prophet Isaiah:  "Here I am creating new heavens and a new earth; and the former things will not be called to mind, neither will they come into the heart." (Isaiah 65:17)  What a marvelous prospect it is that the time is coming when all memories of disappointments will be a thing of the past! 

Next time: "THE LAW HAS BECOME OUR TUTOR"

From the Watchtower magazine 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.