1.29.2016

How I Found the Answer to Injustice/AS TOLD BY URSULA MENNE


For as long as I can remember, I have had a burning desire to see everyone treated fairly and justly.  This desire even resulted in my being sent t0 prison in Communist East Germany. And there, of all places, is where I found the answer to injustice. Let me explain. 

I WAS born in 1922 in the German town of Halle, which has a recorded history of more than 1, 200 years. Situated about 120 miles  (200 km) southeast of Berlin, Halle was one of the earliest strongholds of Protestantism.  My sister, Kathe, was born in 1923. Father served in the military. Mother sang in the theater.

It was from Father that I gained a strong desire to correct injustice. When he left the army, Father purchased a store.  Since his customers were mostly poor people, he compassionately extended them credit. This noble gesture, however, forced him into bankruptcy. Father's experience should have taught me that fighting inequality and injustice is much harder and  more complicated than meets the eye. But youthful idealism is a hard flame to snuff out.

From Mother, I inherited artistic talent, and she introduced Kathe and me to music, song, and dance. I was a lively child, and Kathe and I had  a wonderful life-that is, until the year 1939.  

Next time: How I Found the Answer to Injustice/AS TOLD MY URSULA MENNE -A Nightmare Begins 

From the Awake! magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.