1.31.2016

How I Found the Answer to Injustice/AS TOLD BY URSULA MENNE


My Release and Flight to the West

I was released in 1956, having spent just over five years in prison.  Five days after my release, I fled the GDR to live in West Germany.  By then I had two daughters, Hannelore and Sabine, whom I took with me.  There, my husband and I got divorced and I met up with the Witnesses again.  As I studied the Bible, I realized that I had to make a number of changes  in order to align my life with Jehovah's standards. I made these changes and got baptized in 1958. 

Later, I remarried, this time to one of Jehovah's Witnesses-Klaus Menne. Klaus and I had a wonderful marriage and had two children together, Benjamin and Tabia. Tragically, Klaus died about 20 years ago in an accident and I have been a widow ever since. But I take much comfort in the hope of the resurrection, knowing that the dead will be raised to life in Paradise on earth.   (Luke 23:43; Acts 24:15) I am also greatly comforted by the  knowledge that my four children all serve Jehovah. 

Thanks to my study of the Bible, I have learned that only Jehovah can provide true justice.  Unlike humans, he takes account of all of our circumstances, as well as our background-details that are often hidden from the eyes of others.  This precious knowledge has given me peace even now, especially when I see or experience injustice. Says Ecclesiastes 5:8:  "If in some province you witness the opposition of the poor and the denial of right and justice, do not be surprised  at what goes on, for every official has a higher one set over him, and the highest keeps watch over them all." (The Revised English Bible)  "The highest," of course, is our Creator.   "All things are naked and openly exposed to the eyes of him with whom we have an accounting," says Hebrew 4:13. 

Next time: How I Found the Answer to Injustice/AS TOLD BY URSULA MENNE - Looking Back Over Nearly 90 Years

From the Awake! magazine 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.