1.01.2016

UNEMPLOYED How You Can Live on Less


Shop Wisely

When Raul lost his job, his wife, Bertha, changed her method of shopping.  "I looked for discount coupons and grocery store specials that offered two items for the price of one,"  she says.  Here are some other ideas: 

* Plan your weekly menu around what is on sale.  

* Buy basic ingredients instead of pre-packaged foods, and cook from scratch.

* Stock up on items that are on sale or in season. 

* Buy in bulk, but be careful not to overstock items that will eventually spoil. 

* Slash clothing costs by purchasing quality used garments at resale stores. 

* Travel to areas where prices are known to be lower, if  this is cost effective.  

* Cut back on how often you shop. 

Put It on Paper

"We have a budget," says Fred, "so I kept a record of what we needed to pay out immediately and what we needed to have on hand for the rest of the month." Adele, his wife,adds:  "I knew exactly how much I could spend when I went to the market.  At times when I needed to buy something for the kids or the house, I would look at the budget and think, 'I can't afford it, so we'll have to wait until next month.' Having a written record was the key!" 

Next time: UNEMPLOYED? How You Can Live on Less - Before Buying, Think

From the Awake! magazine 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.