1.13.2016

Train Your Child to Serve Jehovah


LOVE YOUR CHILD 

Jesus did not hesitate to tell his disciples that he loved them.  (Read John 15:9) He also showed his love by closely and regularly associating with his disciples.  (Mark 6:31, 32; John 2:2; 21:12, 13)  Jesus was not "all business" with them. Thus, they did not have to wonder whether he  truly loved them. How can you imitate Jesus' way of teaching?

Tell your children that you love them, and regularly show them how much they mean to you.  (Proverbs 4:3; Titus 2:4) Samuel, who lives in Australia, says:  "When I was very young, Dad used to read My Book of Bible Stories to me every evening. He would answer my questions, hug me, and kiss me goodnight. What a surprise when later discovered that Dad was not raised  in a family where hugs and kisses were common!  Yet, he made a real effort to express his love for me. As a result, I developed a strong bond with him, and I felt contented and secure."  Help your children to feel that way by often telling them  "I love you."  Show your affection for your children. Talk with them, eat with them, play with them.  

"All those for whom I have affection," said Jesus,  "I reprove  and  discipline." (Revelation 3:19) Although Jesus' disciples repeatedly argued about who was the greatest among them, Jesus did not give up on them.  He also did not ignore  it when they failed to respond to his counsel. Lovingly and mildly, Jesus reproved them at a suitable time and place. -Mark 9:33-37. 

Show your love for your children by disciplining them. It is sometimes enough to explain why a certain course is right or wrong.  At other times, a child may fail to apply what you say.  (Proverbs 22:15) When that happens, imitate Jesus. At a fitting time and place, discipline your child lovingly and mildly  through patient guidance, training, and correction.  "My parents were consistent in giving discipline," says Elaine, a sister in South Africa.  "If they warned me about the consequences of misbehaving, they would always follow through. But they never disciplined me in anger or without explaining why  I was being disciplined. As a result, I felt secure. I knew my boundaries, and I understood what was required of me." 

Next time: Train Your Child to Serve Jehovah -DEMONSTRATE HUMILITY 

From The Watchtower magazine 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.