1.30.2016

How I Found the Answer to Injustice/AS TOLD BY URSULA MENNE


"The Worst Person in the Room" Gave Me Hope

In June 1951, two men came into my office and announced:  "You are under arrest." They took me to the prison known as the Roter Oshse, or Red Ox, one year later I was charged with subversion against the State. A student had betrayed me to the Stasi, the secret police,  informing them of my earlier protest with leaflets. The trial was a farce because because no one took any notice  of what I said in my defense. I was sentenced to six years in prison. During that time, I became ill and was placed in the prison hospital dormitory with about 40 other women. After seeing all those extremely unhappy people, I began to panic. I ran to the door and struck it with  my fists.   "
What do you want?" the Guard asked.

"I want to get out of here," I shouted.  "Put me in solitary if you have to, but just get me out of here!"  Of course, he ignored my plea. Shortly, thereafter, I noticed a woman who was different from the others. Her eyes reflected an inner tranquility. So I sat beside her.

"If you sit near me, you had better be careful, she said, much to my surprise. then she added.  "Others think that I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses."

At the time, I did not know that Jehovah's Witnesses were viewed as enemies of the Communist State. But what I did know about them was that two Bible Students (as the Witnesses were formerly called) had visited  Father regularly when  I was a child. In fact, I recalled Father saying. "The Bible Students are right!"

I wept with relief to meet this dear woman whose name was Berta Bruggemeier.  "Please tell me about Jehovah," I said. From then on, we spent a lot of time together and often discussed the Bible. Among other things,I learned that the true God, Jehovah, is a God of love, justice, and peace.   I also learned that he will undo all the harm caused by wicked and tyrannical humans. "Just a little while longer, and the wicked one will be no more . . .But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth, and they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace, says Psalm 37:10, 11.

Next time: How I Found the Answer to Injustice/AS TOLD BY URSULA MENNE - My Release and Flight to the West 

From the Awake! magazine 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.