4.02.2017

Young People Ask - How Can I Deal With Tragedy?


CORDELL'S STORY

When I was 17, I saw my father take his last breath. Losing him was the worst thing that ever happened in my life. I was devastated.

I felt that he wasn't really dead, that it wasn't really my dad under the sheets when they covered the body. I told myself, 'He will wake up tomorrow.' I felt empty and lost.

My family and I are Jehovah's Witnesses, and our congregation was a tremendous support when my father died.  The fed us, offered to stay with us, and stuck close to us-not just for a little while  but for the long term.  To me, their support was proof that Jehovah's Witnesses are genuine Christians. -John 13:35.

A scripture that has really encouraged me is 2 Corinthians 4:17, 18.  It says:  "Though the tribulations is momentary and light, it works out for us a glory that is of more and more surpassing greatness and is everlasting; while we keep our eyes, not on things seen, but the things unseen. For the things  seen are temporary, but the things unseen are everlasting."

That last verse was powerful to me.  My father's suffering was temporary, but what God promises for the future is everlasting. My dad's death gave me the opportunity to reflect on how I was using my life and to adjust my goals. 

To think about:  How can a personal tragedy help you to reassess your goals in life? -1 John 2:17.

Next time: HELP  FOR THE FAMILY/YOUNG PEOPLE - How to Show Texting Manners

From the jw.org publications 












'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.