5.07.2017

COPING WITH HEALTH SETBACKS


In 2007 we were on our way to attend a branch dedication to South Africa.  In England, Ted had trouble with his blood pressure, and a doctor advised him to postpone his trip. After Ted recovered, we returned to the United States.  But a few weeks later, he had a severe stroke that disabled his right side.

Ted's recovery was slow, and initially he was not able to go to the office. We were grateful though, that his speech was normal.  Despite his limitations, he tried to keep up his routine, even participating in the weekly Governing Body meetings by telephone from our living room.  

Ted deeply appreciated the excellent physical therapy he received in the Bethel infirmary. Slowly, he regained much of his mobility. He was able to car for some of his theocratic assignments and he always managed to be cheerful.   Three years later, he had a second stroke and died peacefully on Wednesday, June 9, 2010.  Although I had always realized that Ted would have to finish his earthly course, I cannot describe how painful it was for me to lose him and how much I  miss him,  Still, I daily thank Jehovah for what I was able to do to assist Ted. We enjoyed over 53 years of full-time service together.  I thank Jehovah for how Ted helped me draw closer to my heavenly Father. Now, I have no doubt that his new assignment brings him great delight and satisfaction.

MEETING NEW CHALLENGES IN LIFE

After so many busy, happy years with my husband, adjusting to the present challenges has not been easy.  Ted and I loved meeting visitors at Bethel and at our Kingdom Hall. Now that my beloved Ted is no longer here and I am not as strong as I use to be, my association is more limited.  Nevertheless, I still enjoy being with  my dear brothers and sisters at Bethel and in the congregation .  The Bethel routine  is not easy, but it is a source of joy to be able to serve God in this way.  And my love for preaching work has in no way diminished. Though I get tired and cannot be on my feet for any length of time, I get much satisfaction from sharing in the street witnessing and conducting Bible studies.

When I see all the terrible things happening in the world, how glad I am to  have been in Jehovah's service  with such a wonderful  marriage mate!  Jehovah's blessing has truly enriched my life. -Proverbs 10:11.


Next time:  What Is the Holy Spirit?  -The Bible's answer

From the jw.org publications 
























No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.