5.06.2017

Jehovah's Blessing Has Enriched My Life/AS TOLD BY MELITA JARACZ


TESTS OF FAITH

During World War II when patriotism ran high, Miss Scott, a particularly intolerant school teacher, expelled by two sisters and one of my brothers from school. Why?  Because they declined to salute the flag. The she contacted my school teacher and urged her to expel me.  But my teacher said:  "We live in a free country, and we the right to refrain from patriotic ceremonies."  Despite much pressure from Miss Scott, My teacher said firmly, "This is my decision."

Miss Scott replied: "No, it is not your decision. I will report you if you don't expel Melita."  My teacher explained to my parents that if she wanted to keep her job, she had no choice but to expel me, even though she believed that it was the wrong thing to do. Nevertheless, we obtained school material that we could study at home. Shortly thereafter, we moved some 20 miles (32 km) away, where we were accepted at another school. 

The war years brought bans on our literature; yet, we went from house to house with the Bible. As a result, we became skilled at sharing the good news of the Kingdom directly from the Scriptures.  That, in turn, help us to grow spiritually and experience Jehovah's support.

Next time: ENTERING THE FULL-TIME SERVICE

From the jw.org publications 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.