5.06.2017

ENTERING FULL-TIME SERVICE


As soon as Eva and I completed our schooling, we entered the pioneer service. For secular employment, I first worked in a department store deli.  In time, I took a six-month course in hairdressing, something I had enjoyed doing at home.  I found work at a hair salon two days a week and also taught the trade twice a month. In that way I supported myself in the full-time service.  

In 1955, I wanted to attend the "Triumphant Kingdom" assemblies in New York City, U.S.A., and Nuremberg, Germany.  Before I left for New York, though, I met Brother Nathan Knorr from world headquarters.  He and his wife were attending a convention in Vancouver, Canada. During their visit, I was asked to do Sister Knorr's hair.  Brother Knorr was pleased with the result and wanted to meet me. As we chatted, I told him that I was planning to be in New York before going on to Germany.  He invited me to work at Brooklyn Bethel for nine days. 

That trip changed my life. In New York, I met a young brother named Theodore (Ted) Jaracz.  Shortly after meeting him, I was surprised when he asked me, "Are you a pioneer?"  I replied, "No,"  My friend LaVonne overheard this and interjected.  "Yes, she is."  Puzzled, Ted asked LaVonne, "Well, who knows better you or her?"  I explained that I had been pioneering and intended to start again as soon as I returned from the conventions. 

Next time: The Spiritual Man I Married 

From the jw.org publications




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.