6.21.2022

HOW TO BREAK THE CYCLE OF HATRED// 3. Get Hatred Out of Your Mind -Real-Life Experience -Stephen

 Changed His Way of Thinking 


Stephen and members of his family had experienced hatred from white people. As a result, he was influenced by a political group that took a militant approach to civil rights issues.  In time, he participated in hate crimes himself.  Stephen says: "On occasion my friends and I saw times featuring  the past suffering of Africal slaves in the United States.  Incensed by those injustices, we assaulted white  youths right there in the movie theater.  Then we went to white neighborhoods, looking for more people to beat up."


Stephen's viewpont changed draticalluy when he started studying the Bible with Jehovah's Witnesses.  He recalls:  "Having been exposed to such much racial prejudice, I saw things among the Witnesses  that astounded me.  For example, when a white Witness had to travel abroad, he left his children in the care of a black family. Also, a white family took into their homes a black youth who needed a place a live." Stephen became convinced that Jehovah's Witnesses are the loving brotherhood that Jesus foretold would exist among true Christians. - JOHN 13:35.


What enabled Stephen to abandon his hateful actions?  The scripture at Romans 12:2 helped him .  He says: "I began to realize that I needed to change my thinking. I had to help make my mind over so that I not only  acted peaceably bu also saw this as the best way of life." Stephen has now enjoyed a life free of  hateful feelings for over 40 years. 


Next time: HOW TO BREAK THE CYCLE OF HATRED/4. Conquer Hatred With God's Help - Bible Teaching


From the jw.org publications







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.