6.05.2022

Will Beiing a Good Person Guarantee a Secure Future?- WHAT ARE THE RESULTS?

 It is true when we do good to others, we enjoy many benefits.  However, many who sincerely try to be good to others find that doing so does not always lead to what they might expect.  "I learned firsthand that those who do good are not always blessed in return," says a woman named Shiu Ping, who lives in Hong King.  "I tried my best to care for my family and to do good.  But my marriage failed and my husband abandoned me and my son."


Many have seen taht religion has not alweauys made people better.  "I got involved in a religious organization and became a director of youth activities," says Etsuko, a woman who lives in Japan.  "I was shocked to see the loose morals, power struggles, and dishonest use of funds by those involved in my religion."


Some who are devout have felt disappointed when their good deeds went unrewarded. T hat was how Van, a woman  from Vietnam, felt.  "Every day I bought fruits, flowers and food and offered them on the altars of my dead ancestors,  hoping that I would enjoy blessings   in  the future," She says.  "Despite all the good deeds and religious rituals that I had performed for many years, my husband was struck with a debilitating disease.  Then, while my daughter was studying abroad, she passed away at a young age."


Next time: Will Being a Good Person Guarantee a Secure Future? - WHY BEING A GOOD PERSON IS NOT ENOUGH


From the jw.org  publications








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.