7.13.2022

An Empty Tomb, Because Jesus Is Alive!- Conclusion

 Mary Magdalen is still grieving at the tomb. Stooping forward to look into it, she sees two angels in white!  One sits at the head of where Jesus' body had been lying and the other at the foot.  "Woman, why are you weeping?" they ask. Mary answers:  "They have taken my Lord away, and I do know where they have laid him."  Turning around, Mary sees someone else. He repeats the angel's question and adds:  "Whom are you looking for" Thinking that he is the gardner, she says: "Sir, if you have carried him off, tell me where you have laid him, and I will take him away." - JOHN 20:13-15. 


Actually, Mary is speaking to the resurrected Jesus, but at the moment she does not recognized him.  However,  when he says, "Mary!" she knows that it is Jesus, recognizing him by the familiar way he speaks to her.  "Rabboni!" (meaning "teacher!"), Mary exclaims joyfully. Yet, afraid that he is aboiut to ascend to heaven, she grabs hold of him.  Hence, Jesusu urges her: "Stop clinging to me, for I have yet ascended to the Father. But go to my brothers and say to them, 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God." - JOHN  20:16, 17. 


Mary runs to the place where the apostles and other disciples are gathered. She tells them:  "I have seen the Lord!' adding her account to what they have heard from the other women.  (John 20:18) Yet, the reports 'seem like nonsense to them.' - LUKE 24:11.


Next time: The Resurrected Jesus Appears to Many


From the  jw.org publications








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.