7.30.2022

HOW THE BIBLE CHANGED MY LIFE

I first met Jehovah's Witnesses while I was livinv at a hostel for unmarried mothers and their babies.  I had been given a room there by the local authorities.  Two female Witneses regularly visited some of the other  young mothers.  One day I joined a discussion with them.  I intended to prove the Witnesses wrong. Yet, they answered each one of my many questions calmly and clearly from the Bible.  They were so kind and gentle, which I found very appealing.  So agreed  to study the Bible with them myself. 


I soon learned something from the Bible that changed my life. Ever since I was  young, I had feared dying. Yet now I discovered Jesus' teaching about the resurrection!  (John 5:28, 29) Also, I learned that God cared about me personally. (1 Peter 5:7)  I was especially touched by the words of Jeremiah 29:11, which says: "For I well know the thoughts that I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah,  'thoughts of peace, and not of calamity, to give you a future and a hope."'   I began to believe that I could have the hope of living forever in Paradise on earth. - PSALM 37:29. 


Next time: HOW THE BIBLE CHANGED MY LIFE


From the jw.org publications








 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.