7.29.2022

THE BIBLE CHANGES LIVES -I Did Not Want to Die! /As told by Yvonne Quarrie

 I became very curious about the occult.  I tried to talk to the dead, visited graveyards with school friends, and watched horror movies with them. We thought it was both exciting and frightening at the same time.


I started to go wayward when I was only ten years old. I began smoking tobacco, and I quickly became addicted. Later, I progressed to smoking marijuana.  By the age of 11, I was experienting with alcholo. Although I did not like the taste of it, I liked the effect of getting drunk. I also loved music and dancing. I went to parties and nightclubs whenever I could. I used to sneak out at night and sneak back in again just before the morning light.  Tired the next day, I regularly played hooky from school.  When I did attend I drank alcohol between lessons. 


I received very poor grades in my final year at school. Mostly unaware of the extent of my wayward behavior, my mother was diappoibnted and angry. We quarreled, and I ran awayt from home.  For awhile I stayed with my boyfriend, Tony who  was Rastafarian. He was involved in petty crime and selling drugs and had a reputation for being extremely violent. I soon became pregnant and, at just 16 years of age, gave birth to our son. 


Next time:  THE BIBLE CHANGES LIVES - HOW THE BIBLER CHANGED MY LIFE


From the jw.org publications








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.