8.10.2022

Extreme Weather - Can the Bible Help You to Cope?

 * During: Focus on what matters most.


What the Bible says:   Even when a person has an abundance, his life does not result from the things he possesses. - LUKE 12:15. 


Meaning: Life is more important than possessions.


Experience: "When Typhoon Lawin destroyed our  home, I could not think clearly about what I should do. But one thing I did was I preayed sincerely to Jehovah God.  I realized that it was just material things that we lost and not our lives." - Leslie, Philippines.


After: Take one day at a time.


What the Bible says: "Never be anxious about the next day, for the next day will have its own anxieties." - MATTHEW 6:34. 


Meaning: Do not be overly worried about future problems.


Experience: "After Hurrican Irma left my home flooded, there were more decisions to make than ever and I was stressed to the max.  I tried to follow the Bible's advice to take one day at a time. I found that with Jehovah's help, i can cope with much more than I ever imagined." - Sally, Florida, U.S.A.


For more practical tips, see the article "When Disaster Strikes - Steps That Can Save Lives."


Next time: Coping With Natural Disasters


From the jw.org publications











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.