8.21.2022

I Wanted to Be Like Jephthah's Daughter/As Told By Joanna Soans - "Don't You Want to Be Settled"

 Traditionally, Indian parents arrange for their children to get married while their sons and daughters are quite young, and they encourage them to raise a family.  So I was often asked: "Don't you want to be settled? Who will look after you in your old age?  Won't you feel lonely?"  


At times I felt emotionally suffocated by such repeated comments.  Although I hid my feelings in public, I poured out my heart to Jehovah as soon as I was alone. I was comforted in knowing that he did not view me as lacking because I was single.  To renew my resolve to serve him without distraction, I thought of Jephthah's daughter as well as Jesus-both of  who whom remained single and were absorbed in doing the will of God.- JOHN 4:34. 


Next time: I Wanted to Be Like Jephthah's Daughter/As Told By Joanna Soans - A Gift From  Jehovah


From the jw.org publications







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.