8.19.2022

I Wanted to Be Like Jepjthh's Daugher/As Told By Joanna Soans - Jehovah Has Held My Hand

 I was baptized shortly after the memorable Bombay convention in 1956,  Six months later, I followed the examle of my older brother Prabhakar and became a full-time evangelize. Although I was eager to share Bible truths with others, my mouth went dry as soon as I tried to speak about what I believed. I stuttered, and my voice trembled.  'I can do this work only with Jehovah's help! I cried to myself.


Help from Jehovah came in the form of missionaries Homer and Ruth McKay from Canada who had attended missionary school of Jehovah's Witnesses in New York, U.S.A., in 1947.  They held my hand, so to speak, as I clumsily took my first steps when I began ion the ministry.  Ruth regularly practiced door-to-door presentations wit me. She exactly hos to calm my  nerves. Holding my trembling hands, she would say, "Don't worry dear. Let us try the next house.  Her reassuring tone gave me heart.


One day, I was informed that  Elizabeth Chakaranaraya, an oder experienced Bible teacher, would be my partner in the ministry. My initial action was: 'How will I manage to live with this sister? She is much older than I am! But she turned out to be exactly the partner I needed.


Next time: I Wanted to Be Like Jephthah's Daugther/As Told By Joanna Soans - "We Are Never Really Along" 


From the jw.org publications








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.