8.20.2022

I Wanted to Be Like Jephthah's Daughter/As Told By Joahna Soans - "Keep Sharpening Your Skills"

 After about two and half years, we were reassigned to Bombay.  While Elizabeth continued  in the preaching work, I was asked to help my father, who was then the only translator of our Bible literature into the Kannada language. He welcomed my help, since he had many responsibilities in the congreation.


In 1966, my parents decided to return to Udipi, our former home. As he left Bombay, Father said:  "Keep sharpening your skills, my girl. Tanslate simple and clearly Avoid overconfidence, and remain humble. Rely on Jehovah."  This was his final advice to me for he passed away soon after returning to Udipi. I ahve endeavored to do just that in my translation work even today. 


Next time: I Wanted to be Like Jephthah's Daughter/As Told By Joanna Soans - "Don't You Want to Be Settled?"


From the jw.org publictations









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.