8.18.2022

I Wanted to Be Like Jephthah's Daughte/As Told by Joanna Soans

 When I was still a teenager, I developed a strong desire to be like Jephthah's daughter.  Let me explain what I had in  mind and how I became much like her.


IN 1956, I attended my first assembly of Jehovah's Witnesses in Bombay (now Mumbai), India, and that changed my life. I was deeply moved by a talk I heard about Jephthah's daughter. 


As you may have read in the Bible, Jephthah's daughter when apparently only a teenager, agreed not to marry. This made it possible for her father to fulfill a vow he had made. So she served as a single woman in Jehovah's house, or tabernacle, for the rest of her life. - JUDGES 11:28-40.


Oh, how I wanted to be like her!  But I faced a big problem-remaining unmarried was contrary to  our culture in India at the time.


Next time: I Wanted to Be Like Jephthah's Daughter - My Family Background


From the jw.org publications









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.