8.20.2022

I Wanted to Be Like Jephthah's Daughter/As Told by Joana Soans - "We Are Never Really Alone"

 Our first assignment to the historic city of Aurangabadm nearly 250 miles (400 km) east of Bombay. It quickly dawned on us that we were the only two Witnesses in a city of nearly a million people.  Besides, I had to learn Marathi, the predominant language spoken in the city. 


At times, waves of loneliness came over me, and I would sob lika motherless child. But Elizabeth's motherly tone enouraged me,  "We may feel lonely at times, but we are never really alone," she would say: "Though you are far away from your friends and family, Jehovah is always with you.  Make him your friend , and your loneliness will soon fly away."  I treasure her advice to this day. 


Next time: I Wanted to Be Like Jephthah's Daughter/As Told by Joanna Soans - "We Are Never Really Along"


From the jw.org publications








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.