3.26.2023

"By This All Will Know That You Are My Disciples" - HOW CAN WE IMITATE JESUS EXAMPLE?

 We can learn much from the incident involving James and John.  They were  wrong to ask for positions of prominence in the kingdom. But the other apostles were also wrong to allow the situation to disrupt their unity.  Jesus, though, dealt with 12 apostles in a kind and loving way.  The lesson for us? What matters is not only what other people do  but also how we react to their mistakes and shortcomings. What can help us? When we are upset with a fellow believer, we can ask ourselves: 'Why does what he did bother me so much?  Does it reveal a negative trait that I need to work on?  Could it be that the person who upset me is dealing with a difficulty?  Even if I feel that I am justified for being upset, can I show unselfish love by overlooking the offense?' The more we deal with others in a loving way, the more we prove to be Jesus's true followers.


Jesus' example also teaches us to try to understand our fellow believers.  (Proverbs 20:5) Granted, Jesus could read hearts. We cannot. But we can make allowances for the imperfections of our brothers and sisters.  (Ephesians 4:1, 2; 1 Peter 3:8)  Is is easier to do so if we learn about their background. Consider an example.


A Traveling overseer serving in East Africa recalls a brother who felt has an abrasive personality.  How did the circuit overseer  respond?  He says: "Instead  of avoiding the brother, I resolve to get to know him better."  In doing so, the circuit overseer learned some things about the brother's background that I had influenced had influence his personality.  The circuit overseer continues:  "Once I understood how hard the brother had struggled to overcome his background and how far he had come, I admired him. We became good friends."  Indeed, when we try to understand our brothers and sisters, we often find it easier to show them love.


Next time: "By This All Will Know That You Are My Disciples" -HOW CAN WE IMITATE JESUS ' EXAMPLE -Conclusion


From the jw.org publications








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.