3.08.2023

Keep Your Senses When Your Loyalty Is Tested - WHEN WE RECEIVE DISIPLINE- Conclusion

Consider what happened to Bernardo, a brother in Mozambique.  He was removed as an elder.  How did Bernardo initially feel?  He says, "I was resentful because I did not like the discipline I received,"  He was concerned about how others in the congregation would view him, he admits, "It took me a few months to gain the right view of the situation and to trust in Jehovah  and his organization again."  What helped Bernardo to have the right perspective?


Bernardo corrected his thinking.  He explains:  "When I served as an elder, I used Hebrews 12:7 to help others to have the right view of Jehovah's discipline. Now I asked myself, 'Who needs to apply this scripture?'  All of Jehovah's servants-including me."  Then Bernardo took further steps to rebuild his trust in Jehovah and His organization.  He intensified his spiritual routing of Bible reading and deep meditation. Although he felt insecure about how his brothers and sisters viewed him, he worked with them in the ministry and participated in congregation meetings.  In time, Bernardo  was reappointed as an elder. If, like Bernardo, you have received disciple, try to see past the embarrassment, accept the counsel, and make the needed adjustments. (Proverbs 8:33; 22:4)  If you doo, you can be sure that Jehovah will reward you for loyally sticking to him and his organization.


Next time: Keep Your Senses When Your Loyalty Is Tested - WHEN WE STRUGGLE TO ADAPT TO ORGANIZATIONAL CHANGES


From the jw.org publicatios








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.