3.11.2023

LIFE STORY -"I Wanted to Work for Jehovah"/AS TOLD BY DANIEL VAN MARL - ACCEPTING ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES

 In 1970, I was appointed as a circuit overseer.  That year I presented the slide program "Visiting the World Headquarters of Jehovah's Witnesses"  to many isolated groups in the rain forest. To reach them, a crew of brothers and I would navigate the rivers of the rain forest in a long, slender wooden boat. Our riverboat was loaded down with a generator, a portable gasoline tank, petrol lamps, and slide projection equipment.  On reaching our destination, we  would transport all that equipment inland to where we would hold the slide program. What I remember most about those trips, though, is how much people in isolated areas loved those programs. I was to happy to help other learn about Jehovah and the  earthly part of his organization.  The spiritual rewards far outweighed any physical sacrifices I made while doing Jehovah's work. 


Next time: LIFE STORY - "I Wanted to Work for Jehovah"/AS TOLD BY DANIEL VAN MARL - WEAVING A THREEFOLD CORD


From the jw.org publications







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.