3.12.2023

LIFE STORY - "I Wanted to Work for Jehovah"/AS TOLD BY DANIEL VAN MARL -HUSBAND, FATHER, AND OVERSEER

 After five  years in the traveling work together, Ethel and I received an unexpected blessing-we were going to be parents.  I was happy to hear the news, although I was not sure what the future would hold.  Ethel and I strongly desired to stay in full-time service if all possible. In 1976  our son Ethniel was born.  Our second son, Giovanni, came along two and half years later.


Because of the needs in Suriname at the time, the branch office arranged for me to continue serving as a circuit overseer while we raised our children. When our sons were young,  I was assigned to oversee circuits with fewer congregations.  Normally, that allowed me to serve a couple weeks each month as a traveling overseer and spend the rest of the month as a pioneer  in the congregation we were assigned.  Ethel and our boys would accompany me when I served congregations near our home. However, I traveled along when I served congregations and assemblies in the rain forest. 


Next time: LIFE STORY - "I Wanted to Work for Jehovah"/AS TOLD BY DANIEL VAN MARL - HUSBAND, FATHER, AND OVERSEER. - Continue


From the jw.org publications










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.