3.10.2023

LIFE STORY -"I Wanted to Work for Jehovah"/AS TOLD BY DANIEL VAN MARL

 WE WAVED goodbye to a small group of people we had visited near the village of Granbori,  located deep in the rain forest of Suriname.  Then we set off in a dugout  boat along the Tapanahoni River. Later, as we passed through he river rapids, the propeller of the outboard motor hit a rock.  Immediately, the nose of the boat plunged into the river, and we went underwater.  My heart raced.  Although I had been traveling in riverboats for years as a circuit overseer, I not know how to swim!


Before I relate what happened next, let me tell  you how I got started in full-time service. 


I was born in 1942 on a beautiful Caribbean island of Curacao.  My father was originally from Suriname, but he moved to the island for work.  A couple of years before I was born, he was among the first of Jehovah's Witnesses to be baptized in Curacao.  He studied the Bible with  us children every week, even though we would not always make it easy for him.  When I was 14 years old, my father moved our family to Suriname to look after his aging mother. 


Next time: LIFE STORY - "I Wanted to Work for  Jehovah"/AS TOLD BY DANIEL VAN MARL - GOOD ASSOCIATION MADE A DIFFERENCE


From the jw.org publications








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.