6.06.2011

THE BIBLE CHANGES LIVES

HOW THE BIBLE CHANGED MY LIFE

I knew that if I wanted to develop good qualities, I would have to work at it.  But I didn't know where to start.  I decided to go to an evangelical church in Madrid that I had once visited with my parents.  I prayed to God,  using his name, Jehovah.

Soon thereafter, two of Jehovah's Witnesses called at my home.  I eagerly discussed the Bible with them, but I also raised many objections to what they were teaching.  Esther, the Witness who conducted a regular Bible study with me, was very patient.  She and her family showed me a great deal of love and tenderness.  I began attending the meetings conducted by the Witnesses and soon realized that I had found the truth I had been looking for.  (Same here with me)

I had just finished my dramatic arts studies when all sorts of career opportunities opened  up. I secured a role in a production that would be staged in a famous theater in Madrid.  But I also realized that to succeed as an actress, I would have to commit myself totally to the arts.  I finally decided to try to find another form of employment, one that would allow me to focus on serving God.  I took to heart Jesus' words:  "No one can slave for two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will stick to the one and despise the other.  You cannot slave for God and for Riches."  (Matthew 6:24)  My boyfriend of eight years did not share my convictions, so I decided to end the relationship.  None of these changes were easy.

HOW I HAVE BENEFITED: At present, I work part-time, providing leisure activities and entertainment for the elderly.  Doing so allows me to spend the majority of my time teaching the Bible to Arabic-speaking people who live in my area.  I have to work hard at learning this new language, but I thoroughly enjoy sharing the good things that I have learned with people who are so hospitable and spiritually  inclined. 

The emptiness that I felt while I was studying to become an actress has now been replaced with a sense of purpose.  I feel that Jehovah has helped me to become a better, happier person.

Next time: " I Have proved the judge wrong"

Watchtower, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.