6.07.2011

THE BIBLE CHANGES LIVES

HOW THE BIBLE CHANGED MY LIFE:  Early in our marriage, Anita studied the Bible with Jehovah's Witnesses for a brief time.  Then, while I was serving what was to be my final prison sentence, she was again contacted by the Witnesses.  It so happened that on the same day, I prayed to God, saying,  "If you really exist, prove it to me."

When I was released from prison a few months later, I contacted the local vicar and asked him to study the Bible with me and Anita.  He said that he would teach us only church  creeds and a prayer.

Finally, I began reading the Bible, I was surprised to learn that  the Bible condemns the practice of spiritism.  (Deuteronomy 18:10-12)  Later, I found a copy of the Watchtower that the Witnesses  had left with Anita on the day that I prayed to God for help.  What I read moved me to contact the Witnesses.

Our families, our friends and my criminal associates were not happy to learn that we were studying the Bible with Jehovah's Witnesses.  Some said that I was being brainwashed.  In all honesty, my brain needed washed.  I had many personality flaws, a seared conscience, and in addition to other vices, I was smoking up to 60 cigarettes a day.  The Witnesses who helped us to learn about the Bible and those with whom we associated  in  the local congregation were very patient and kind.   Eventually, I freed myself of my bad habits. -2 Corinthians 7:1.

HOW I HAVE BENEFITED:  Anita and I have been married now for 35 years.  One of our children and two of our grandchildren serve Jehovah along with us.  In recent years, Anita and I have been able to spend much of our time helping others learn about the Bible.

Serving Jehovah God has given our lives real purpose and meaning.  Back in 1970, a judge told the court that I could not be reformed.  However, with help from God and guidance from the Bible, I have proved the judge wrong.

Next time: THE BIBLE-Cherished and Suppressed

Watchtower, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.