6.11.2011

THE BIBLE - A Textbook for Living

Practical Counsel on Family Life

The Bible gives practical counsel when it comes to matters of human relations.  George says:  "Personality conflicts or misunderstandings are among the most stressful situations in life."   How does he deal with them?  "If I feel that somebody has somethings against me, I apply the straightforward counsel from Matthew 5:23, 24:  'Make you peace with your brother.'  The simple fact that I can talk about the conflict produces results.  I can feel the peace of God that the Bible speaks of it.  It works.  It is so practical." -Philippians 4:6, 7.

When husband and  wife disagree, both need to  "be swift about hearing, slow about speaking, slow about wrath."  (James 1:19)  Such advice improves communication.  George adds:  "When I apply the counsel to live and treat my wife as I do myself, I see immediate results.  It is easier for her to respect me."  (Ephesians 5:28-33)  Yes, the Bible teaches  us how to acknowledge and deal with our own imperfections and how to have success in coping with those of others.

Next time: Counsel That Endures

Watchtower, 2000

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.