3.20.2015

LIFE STORY/A PRIVILEGED SHARE IN POSTWAR EXPANSION


Our Family Became United

Following the convention in Copenhagen in 1937, there was a need for temporary help at the literature depot of the Denmark branch office of Jehovah's Witnesses. I had just finished my studies at a commercial college and was free of obligation, so I offered to help out at the depot.  When the service at the depot was finished, I was asked to assist at the branch office. Soon afterward, I left home and move into the branch in Copenhagen, although I was yet unbaptized. Daily association with mature Christians helped me progress spiritually.  The following year, on January 1, 1938, World War II began.  Then on April 9, 1940, German troops occupied Denmark.  Since Danes were allowed considerable personal freedom, we were able to continue our preaching activities.  

Something wonderful then happened. Father became an active, loyal Witness, completing our family happiness. Therefore, when I, along with four Danes, was invited  to attend the eighth class of Gilead School, my whole family supported me. The five month school course, which began in September 1946, was held at the beautiful campus just outside South Lansing in  upstate New York.

Next time: LIFE STORY/A PRIVILEGED SHARE IN POSTWAR EXPANSION-Gilead and Post-Gilead Training

From the Watchtower magazine, 2002

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.