3.30.2015

SUSTAINED BY CONFIDENCE IN GOD


A Change of Religion

Early in 1940, the year the Germans began their occupation of the Netherlands, a woman called at our door and talked with me about the Bible. I did not understand much of what she said, but I accepted literature from her whenever she came by.  However, I didn't read what she left because I didn't want to have anything to do with Jesus. I had been taught that he was an apostate Jew.

Then one day a man came to my door. I asked him questions such as "Why didn't God create other people after Adam and Eve sinned? Why is there so much misery?  Why do people hate one another and wage war?"  He assured me that if I had patience, he would answer my questions from the Bible. So a home Bible study was arranged. 

Still I resisted the idea that Jesus was the Messiah.  But then, after praying about the matter, I began  to read Messianic prophecies in the Bible, seeing them through different eyes.  (Psalm 22:7, 8, 18; Isaiah 53:1-12) Jehovah enabled me  to see those prophecies were fulfilled in Jesus. My husband was not interested in what I was learning, but didn't interfere with my becoming one of Jehovah's Witnesses. 

Next time: SUSTAINED BY CONFIDENCE IN GOD-Hiding-Yet Still Preaching

From the AWAKE! magazine, 2001

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.