3.21.2015

LIFE STORY/A PRIVILEGED SHARE IN POSTWAR EXPANSION


New Joys in Switzerland

No long after arriving in Switzerland, I met Esther during a convention, and soon we got engaged. In August  1954, Brother Knorr directed me to come to Brooklyn, where the nature of a new, exciting work was revealed to me. Since the number and size of the branch offices around the world had increased so much, a new arrangement was being introduced. The world was divided  into zones, with each to be served by a zone overseer. I was given two of these zones to serve: Europe and the Mediterranean area. 

Soon after my brief visit to Brooklyn, I returned to Switzerland and prepared for the zone work. Esther and I were married, and she joined me in serving at the branch office in Switzerland. My first trip too me to missionary homes an branches in Italy, Greece, Cyrus, countries of the Middle East and along the coast of North Africa, and Spain and Portugal-13 countries in total. After a stay in Bern, my travel continued to all other European countries west of the Iron Curtain. During our first year of marriage, I was away from home for six months, serving our Christian brothers. 

Next time: LIFE STORY/A PRIVILEGED SHARE IN POSTWAR EXPANSION - CHANGES OF CIRCUMSTANCES

From the Watchtower magazine, 2002

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.