3.22.2015

LIFE STORY/A PRIVILEGED SHARE IN POSTWAR EXPANSION

Still Adjusting to Circumstances

Another blessing came when Esther and I were asked to return to serve at the Denmark branch office. By then, however, preparations were under way to build a much larger branch facility in Holbaek.  I had the privilege of sharing in overseeing the construction work, all of which was done by unpaid volunteer workers. In spite of a severe winter, by the end of 1982, the project was essentially completed, and we were all delighted to move into the enlarged, improved facilities! 

I was soon involved in office work, which gave me much satisfaction, while Esther was operating the telephone switchboard. However, in time she had to have hip-replacement surgery, and a year and a half later, she underwent a gallbladder operation.  Despite kind consideration shown to us by the branch personnel, we decided it would be better  for all concerned if we left the branch. We moved to the congregation  to which our daughter and family belonged.

Today Esther's health is not good. Yet, I can truly say that through all the years of our service together, with so many changes  in circumstances, she has been a marvelous support and companion. In spite of declining health, both of us still have a modest share in the preaching work. When I reflect on  my life, gratefully I recall the words of the psalmist:  "O God, you have taught me from my youth on." -Psalm 71:17.

Next time: "Be Training Yourself"

From the Watchtower magazine, 2002 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.