3.21.2015

LIFE STORY/A PRIVILEGED SHARE IN POSTWAR EXPANSION


Gilead and Post-Gilead Training

Gilead provides opportunities to make wonderful new friends. One evening while strolling around the campus with Harold King from England, we talked about where we might be sent when our training was finished.   "I don't believe I have see the white cliffs of Dover for the last time," Harold said. He was right, but it took 17 years before he saw those cliffs again, and four and a half of those years were spent in solitary confinement in a Chinese prison!

After our graduation, I was sent to Texas, U.S.A., to serve as traveling overseer, visiting congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses to help them spiritually. I was received with open arms.  For the brothers in Texas, it was interesting to have a European fellow who had just been through Gilead School.  But after only seven months in Texas, I was called to the world headquarters of Jehovah's Witnesses in Brooklyn, New York. There Brother Knorr assigned me to the office, with instructions to learn the work flow in all departments.  Then, when I returned  to Denmark, I was to apply what I had learned, making sure that everything was done the same way as it was in Brooklyn.  The idea was to unify operations in the branches worldwide for more efficiency. Later, Brother Knorr transferred me to Germany.

Next time: LIFE STORY/A PRIVILEGED SHARE IN POSTWAR EXPANSION - Applying Instructions to Branches 

From the Watchtower magazine, 20002

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.