3.14.2015

Youths Who Love the Truth


They Appreciate Parental Guidance

Jacob Emmanuel was a full-time pioneer minister for some years before serving at the Mexico branch office of Jehovah's Witnesses. He remembers with appreciation how his love for God's service was developed:  "My parents were the main influence, although some experienced spiritual brothers with whom I have developed friendships have also been very helpful.  They motivated me to love the preaching work. Quietly they directed me along the right path; I never felt that they pressured me." 

David, who has already spent several years in the full-time ministry, remembers how it impressed him that his parents began serving as special pioneers when he and his brother were small.  When his father died, his mother continued in the special pioneer service. She took care of them in addition to preaching the good news.  "They never obligated me  to be a pioneer," says David, "but we enjoyed pioneering so much as a family  that the companionship and environment impelled me to do the same." Regarding the importance of good direction and attention from parents, David says: "Every night, my mother read to us stories  from the book From Paradise Lost to Paradise Regained.  The way she related them to us helped us  to love taking in spiritual food."

Next time: Youths Who Love the Truth-Appreciation for the Message

From the Watchtower magazine, 2002

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.