3.30.2017

HELP FOR THE FAMILY/YOUNG PEOPLE - When a Parent Dies


YOU CAN HELP OTHERS

"My family and I are Jehovah's Witnesses.  A few years ago, two children we know lost their mother to cancer.  They were 6 and 3 years old-virtually the same ages my sister and I were when our dad died nearly 17 years earlier.

"My mom, my younger sister, my brother, and I decided to make ourselves available to this family. We would invite them over. We would let them talk when they needed to. We would spend time with them and be whatever they needed us to be at the moment, whether is was someone to play with them or listen to them or give advice.

"Losing a parent is devastating, and you never get over it. It gets easier, but you are constantly reminded of your loss. I knew what this grieving family was going through, and that's one reason why I'm glad our family reached out to them.  It helped us to draw closer to them and to each other as well." -Dami.

Next time; HELP FOR THE FAMILY/YOUNG PEOPLE - When Children Grieve

From the jw.org publications 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.