3.31.2017

HELP FOR THE FAMILY/YOUNG PEOPLE -When Children Grieve


JEANNIE'S STORY

When I was seven years old, my mom died of cancer.  That whole seemed surreal.  I recall that she died at home and that my grandparents were there.  I remember that everyone was calm. I remember that we had scrambled eggs for dinner.I felt as if my whole life were turning upside down in slow motion.

At the time-and for years after that-I though I had to be strong for my little sister, so I buried my emotions. Even today, I tend to suppress painful feelings, and that's not healthy.

I remember the love and support we had from the local congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses. Even though we had just started attending meetings at the Kingdom Hall, fellow believers rallied around us as if we had been family for years. I don't think my dad had to cook dinner for an entire year because it was always waiting by the front door.

One scripture that stands out to me is Psalm 25:16, 17. There the psalmist implored God:  "Turn your face to me and show me favor, for I am alone and helpless.  The distresses from my heart have multiplied;  free me from my anguish."    It is comforting for me to know that you are never really alone when you sad. God is there for you. With help from the Bible, I have been able to move forward with my life and focus on positive things, such as the Bible's comforting promise of a resurrection. I have hope of seeing my mother again and getting to know her in perfect health on a paradise earth.-2 Peter 3:13. 

Next time: THE BIBLE'S/GOD'S VIEWPOINT - The Cross

From the jw.org publications 














No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.