2.24.2019

When a Loved One Dies - HOW SOME HAVE COPED



While your pain can be unending, you may find the following suggestions consoling:


ALLOW YOURSELF TO GRIEVE


Not everyone grieves in the same way or for the same amount of time. Still, crying can provide an outlet for fragile  moments.  Vanessa, quoted earlier, says:  "I would just cry; I needed to release the pain."  Sofia  whose sister died suddenly, says:  "Confronting my thoughts and feelings is very painful, like opening and cleaning an infected wound.  The pain is almost unbearable, but it allows the would to heal.


TALK ABOUT YOUR THOUGHTS AND FEELINGS


Understandable, at times you may wish to be alone. But grieve is a heavy burden to carry by yourself.  Seventeen-year-old Jared,  who lost his father, recalls:  "I talked about my emotions with others. I doubt I made much sense, but it was good to be able to express myself."  Janice, quoted in the opening article, adds another benefit: "Talking with others was tremendously comforting.  I felt understood, and I didn't feel so alone.


Next time: When a Loved One Dies - How Some Have Coped


From the jw.org publications

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.