2.23.2019

When a Loved One Dies


"I felt helpless when my older brother died unexpectedly.  Months later I would suddenly remember him and feel sick, as if a knife were stabbing me deep inside.  At times, I was also angry. Why did my brother have to die?  And I felt guilty for not having spent more time with him." -Vanessa, Australia.

IF You have lost someone you love in death, you too may have felt a wide range of emotions, from sorrow to loneliness and helplessness.  Perhaps you also felt anger, guilt, and fear.  You may have even wondered whether life is still worth living.

Be assured that grief is not a sign of weakness.  It indicates how much your loved one meant to you. However,  is it possible to find a measure of relief from you painful grief? 

Next time: When  a Loved One Dies - HOW SOME HAVE COPED

From the jw.org publications

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.