2.26.2019

When a Spouse Is Unfaithful -HOW SOME HAVE COPED



Meditate on comforting scriptures.


"I read the book of Job and then the  Psalms," explains Bill, "underlining every passage that seemed to fit my own circumstances. I realized that these Bible writers had experienced the kind of pain and anxiety that I was feeling."


Find consolation in music.


"When I could not sleep at night, I listened to music," Cameron remembers.  "This was a great source of comfort."  Daniel says:  I learned to play the guitar and found that the harmony needed for the music helped me recover my inner peace and harmony."


Talk about your feelings.


"I was not used to talking about my feelings,"  Daniel says. " But I had some good friends and I reached out to them every day. I unburdened my feelings on them, both in writing and in conversation.  That really helped."  Sasha says:  "The help of my family was crucial.  My mother was always there for me.  If I wanted to talk, she was there to listen. My father also made me feel secure and helped me recover at my own pace. "


Persist in prayer.


"I prayed constantly," says Carmen, "I felt that God was near to me, listening to me, and helping me.  Through this terrible time, I drew closer to God."


Next time: When  You Have a Serious Illness


From the jw.org publications

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.