2.27.2019

When You Feel You Cannot Go On


"These feelings were relentless," admits Adriana, from Brazil.  "So I concluded that it would be better to end my life."

HAVE YOU ever felt so bad that you no longer wanted to live?  Then you may  understand how Adriana felt. She suffered from acute anxiety and felt sad and hopeless. Adriana was diagnosed with clinical depression.

Consider, too, a Japanese man named Kaoru, who cared for his sickly, aged parents.  "At the time I was overwhelmed by extreme pressure at work," he explains.  "In time I lost my appetite, and my sleep was terrible disturbed.  I came to think how relieved I would be if I could just die."

A Nigerian man named Ojebode says, "I was  always sad to the point of shedding tears, so I looked for a means to end my life."  Thankfully, Ojebode, Kaoru, and Adriana did not take their lives. But every year hundreds of thousands do. 

Next time: When You Feel You Cannot Go On - WHERE TO FIND HELP

From the jw.org publications

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.