2.28.2019

When You Feel You Cannot Go On - BIBLE VERSES THAT CAN HELP


God understands your feelings.

"I, Jehovah your God, am grasping your right hand, . . . saying to you, "Do not be afraid. I will help you.'" -ISAIAH 41:13.

Jehovah understands our feelings better than anyone else, and he wants to help us.

Meditate on God's Word.

"[Elijah] asked that he might die.  He said:' . . . O Jehovah, take my life away." - 1 KINGS 19:4. 

"Meditating on God's Word helped me," says Ojebode.  "I realized that the prophet Elijah once felt just as I did."

Learn from Bible examples.

"I [Jesus] have made supplication for you [Peter] that your faith may  not give out." -LUKE 22:32. 

After the apostle Peter denied Jesus three times, his feelings were hard for him to bear and he wept bitterly.  "Peter's experience," says Kaoru,  "helped me to see that Jehovah and Jesus care about Peter's feelings.  This encouraged me." 

Never again will your painful feelings "be called to mind, nor will they come up into [your] heart." -ISAIAH 65:17.

Next time:  Why Life IS Worth Living

From the jw.org publications



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.