2.26.2019

When You Have a Serious Illness


"When I learned that I had cancer in my lung and colon,  I thought that I had just received a death sentence.  But after I got home from the doctor.  I thought, 'OK, it's not what I expected, but I have to find a way to deal with this." -Linda, aged 71.  "

"I suffer from a debilitating nerve syndrome on the left side of my face. On occasion the severe pain has caused me to fall into a depression.  Many times, I felt alone and even contemplated suicide." - Elise, aged 49.

IF YOU or a loved one has been diagnosed with a potentially life-threatening illness, you know how distressing it can be. In addition to the disease itself, you have to deal with fragile emotions. Fear and anxiety can be intensified by nerve-racking medical appointments, difficulty obtaining or paying for treatment, or the unpleasant side  effects of medication.  The mental anguish  associated with serious illness can be overwhelming.

Where can we turn for assistance?  Many have found that their greatest comfort comes from leaning on God in prayer and reading comforting passages found in the Bible.  Another help may come through the love and support that family and friends can provide.

Next time:  When You Have a Serious Illness-HOW SOME HAVE COPED

From the jw.org publications

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.